Wednesday, February 9, 2011

3 in my head

Okay, so here's the dealio. I have a few days off coming up, and 3 new veggies I'd like to give a whirl.
I was GOING to do leeks first, but my cousin gave me a scrumpcious looking recipe for beets.
so beets will be first, probably tomorrow.

then the leeks......possibly in a soup......again a recipe from cousin.  But I'm not a big time soupy kinda gal, so I'll do a bit more searching on that veggie.

Then I am going to do eggplants. A friend gave me a recipe for eggplants.

I'm looking forward to trying them all.
Keep the suggestions coming.
you should post your recipes here in the comment section......you can do that as ANONYMOUS (sp?) if you want.
but this way everyone can see the recipe and try it themselves if they choose to.

ooooo, i also got a new way to cook up some green beans. I was told canned, but I'm going to do it with fresh........WHY you ask???..........because I have never had FRESH green beans. I typically eat them out of the can.

okay, I'll keep you posted :)

1 comment:

  1. Get a box of steamer bags in the ziplock section. We've been using them in the microwave to steam our green beans, broccoli and asparagus lately, its easier and quicker and avoids burning up the bottom of a pan with a steamer basket on top and not knowing all the water's gone till it's too late (I've ruined a few nonstick pans that way!) Just throw the veggies in there, a bit of butter, and then we season them with whatever else when they come out but I guess you can do it before too. http://www.ziploc.com/Products/Pages/ZipSteamMicrowaveCookingBags.aspx?SizeName=Medium
    All Jason knew was canned green beans,and I didn't eat them at all before I met him. But we started making them steamed, fresh, and we only have canned on hand for veggie emergencies these days!
    Good luck with your new veggies!

    ReplyDelete