Thursday, February 17, 2011

red peppers

So I cooked a pork tenderloin (1st time for that) with red peppers. UGH, I do not like peppers.

Let me rephrase that.....I do not like GREEN PEPPERS. ugh, those are nasty.  So everytime I see a red pepper or a yellow/orange pepper, I just imagine that it will taste just like a green pepper.
I CAN, however, eat red peppers if they are in like a beef and brocolli dish or mixed in with something, but not green peppers, the taste is disgusting......IN MY OPINION.

So this recipe called for red peppers, and I OPENED my taste buds and said, okay lets do this.
I sliced them thinner than most would have, I think, and put them in the pan with the onions that were caramelizing. Then when the dish was done I ate them and guess what?

You guessed it, I LIKED THEM!!!  hahahahaha.
I swear it amazes me EVERY time that I try a new veggie, how delish they all have been. Well I think there is ONE that I didn't care 100% for, but the others have so far been very tastey.
I enjoyed them so much that I ATE them again the next day......by accident though.
I ordered a salad and requested the roasted peppers NOT be included. well, no so much......they put them on and I thought, "Oh for PETE's sake, just eat them already" (still do not know who Pete is, btw, if you do, PLEASE tell me.....thanx)
I LOVE THEM ROASTED, omg. I am begining to think that ALL veggies taste good roasted.

Okay, off to cook tonights dinner. Nothing new, I don't think. Let's see......cubed steak w/ mushrooms and gravy, broc/cauli/carrot medley, and sliced/roasted sweet potatoes with onions.  :)  yup all stuff I've had before. 
I think my next will be the endive. I really want to try the beets, I have yet to do that one. My doc has put me on a low glycemic index diet though, and beets are on the list of DO NOTS :(  but we'll see. the diet is specific to say, live 90% ON the diet and 10% off otherwise you will feel deprived, so......I might make beets part of my 10%.
good day everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment