Thursday, February 10, 2011

Fried Eggplant

So, I tried my friends fried eggplant recipe and I have a few things to say about it.

OMG,
OMG,
OMG!!!!! 
where the heck have I been (impressed right??? I said HECK, HAHA) I can not believe that I have not ever had these.

they were fried then I put freshly grated parm on them and topped them with a sauce. (I cheated, it's from a jar) ssshhhh, don't tell anyone.
HOWEVER,
I'm thinking there has to be a way to cook them so that they crisp fast on the outside without having to fry them.
I think when I have them again I will try broiling them or somethingf. maybe use olive oil for that since olive oil doesn't do high heat too well, it will probably start to crisp quick, that's my thought anyway.
I suppose I could ask the CHEF of the family.....after all that is what cullinary school is for, yes???  YES :)

So what are your thoughts on this????  ANY???

Oh, I made a salad as well that had diced tomatoes, diced onions, diced grapes, some almond slivers, some parm and a very light drizzle of light zesty italian dressing.
AND
I made a bruschetta topped with diced tomatoes, onions and grated parm, yummio!!!! OISHI DESU!!!!
I am looking forward to the next try.
I think it will be leeks, because I have misplaced my beets recipe, and I am awaiting its return.
TTFN

share them with us, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment